- When I was in Brazil it was very hard for me to come out as a lesbian, or, as I see myself much more, as a queer person, because I did not fit in their categories, how a lesbian should look like.
- Flip flops, set on a big concrete block, used as a metaphor for a foundation of me as a person, as an artist and also as a queer person.
- Performance art also means to me proposing reflective questions where I come from, or if I come from somewhere, am I moving and which direction am I moving to?
- It’s about embracing yourself, changes, also questioning yourself where you came from and where you are right now, acceptance, the migration aspect and of course the queer aspect.
- Mostly in Brazil when it comes to describe a person with an adverb it is very often connected with a kind of anatomy - that creates categories in those stereotypes of a body shape.
other related artworks
49,00 €inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versand